port macquarie lighthouse

Cemetery

Project Type: Plan of Management

Client:G.H. Milne Home Landscape Consulting

Location:15–33 Great North Rd and Yarrabandinni Rd, Frederickton

Frederickton cemetery was dedicated in 1892 although the first burial is believed to have taken place in 1845

Originally the cemetery comprised an area of nearly 3 hectares, however, in 2001 the local Council purchased an adjoining lot adding another 0.84 hectares to the cemetery. More than 3,000 people are interred several of these being pioneers of the district.

The client had been commissioned by the Kempsey Shire Council to prepare a Plan of Management for the cemetery – a requirement of which was that a Heritage Assessment form part of the plan.

The Heritage Assessment delved into the history of the cemetery, the fabric, significant burials, Australian war graves and concluded with a Statement of Cultural Significance.

< back to projects
CBC Bank Kempsey